I suggest you ...

Replace PL/SQL with Java or declarative business logic

All legacy PL/SQL code in Openbravo should be converted to either middle tier Java that interacts with the database through DAL or to meta data rules. See also https://issues.openbravo.com/view.php?id=8032

129 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Paolo Juvara shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminDmitry Mezentsev (Product Development Director, Openbravo) commented  · 

Craig,

We do not have this idea as a separate project so I cannot share with you stats you mentioned.

At the same time we try to use it as much as we can as a general guideline for all of our new developments and during refactor of the old functionality.
        * The very recent example of it that was just discussed in another idea is a New Costing Engine.
        * The biggest one delivered in Openbravo 3 is Advanced Payables and Receivables Management.
        * There are more smaller ones like Delete Client process or others that you can find in our Roadmap in a list of completed things.

• Craig Spong commented  · 

As the most voted for idea, is there an update available on progress? How many legacy stored procedures / triggers in March 2009 - how many now in October 2012? Anticipated zero PL/SQL date?

• jbohigas commented  · 

Podemos entender que esta migración de los PL/SQL al entorno Java, nos proporciona una cierta libertad en el momento de elegir el motor de DDBB, pero a mi entender creo que esta libertad conlleva una pérdida de rendimiento y en muchas ocasiones de integridad de los datos. Creo que en el mercado existen otros ejemplos similares, y la percepción de los usuarios, es de tener un "ERP robusto pero muy lento".

Feedback and Knowledge Base