I suggest you ...

UOM management:

Improve UOM management to provide automatic conversion based on products.. See also https://issues.openbravo.com/view.php?id=3019

127 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Paolo JuvaraPaolo Juvara shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bill JonesBill Jones commented  · 

I can't agree more with Usman! This is basic ERP software functionality at this point that Openbravo is missing.

One item that the project information seem to be missing is where the purchase invoice needs to also use the purchase UOM. The example being if you purchase from your vendor a box of cookies at a cost of $21.99 a box and there are 1000 cookie units in the box you'd have to be able to handle pricing at five decimal places $0.02199 or more if they decide to change the pricing one day. So you're always battling how many decimal places necessary to make the purchase invoice match the vendor invoice to pay the vendor. You may wish to inventory these cookies as a unit and when considering cost you don't need to cost the product at five decimals so you can round it to $.02. The product has the desired inventory uom: unit with the desired cost price and the product has the correct purchase uom: box to match the vendor's purchase invoice which is necessary.

• Usman AzeemUsman Azeem commented  · 

I fail to understand why openbravo had delayed important functionality UOM conversion until which is available in pc based accounting packages.

I would suggest that the UOM conversion , in addition to standard conversion, should be available by Product and Product Group.

• Dmitry MezentsevAdminDmitry Mezentsev (Product Development Director, Openbravo) commented  · 

Hi Fatih,

I am sorry to say but this feature was de-prioritized in our backlog and so far is not planned.
        During October and November we will be defining our 2014 Roadmap and will definitely will look at it once again.

As always it is possible to sponsor the development if you want to have committed dates.

• Fatih GüneşFatih Güneş commented  · 

Hi, it has been nearly 4 years since this issue recorded. It has been nearly 3 years since planned. Any info when it will be delivered?

• AhmadAhmad commented  · 

This functionality is common and mandatory to cover today business process where business need to maintained such as UoM for Internal consumption, order UoM as well as based UoM for Inventory valuation.

• selengunesselengunes commented  · 

I think this is one of the must conceps in an ERP software. This issue was on my top list, that I was waiting for Release 2.50, but now delayed to 2.60. The sooner, its better.

Feedback and Knowledge Base